In 2006, I became somewhat engrossed in the travels of two friends at Hitch50.com. Ever since, I have wanted the ability to transmit my location from my cell phone.
The amazing thing is how difficult it was to find a free application for this. Most of the web searches returned 2- to 5- year old articles about tracking cell phones, which evidently is more prevalent in other parts of the world.
I finally figured out how to do it, and here’s how you can track me…
1. Visit BlackberryTracker.com and register for an account.
2. Activate your (free) account, then log in
3. Click “Users” in the top menu.
4. Search for user Eventine.
5. Send a private message to me through the site requesting access to view my location. You should also send a regular e-mail to me to let me know to check my private message on the site – I won’t know you’ve sent it otherwise.
6. Once I respond to you and activate you as a friend on the site, you can log back in to BlackberryTracker.com and click “Track Friends” and select Eventine, then a map will show up with my location.
Now I just have to figure out how to put this on a website.